Löhn Award 2004
The Löhn Award – Steinbeis Foundation`s Transfer award was initiated and first conferred in the year 2004 by the Steinbeis Foundation in honor of the unique achievements of Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. mult. Johann Löhn. Special consideration is given to projects that have been exceptionally well executed and completed. Key features of the transfer process are quality, speed, efficiency and effective collaboration between partners.
Along with the prize money the Award Winners are presented with the Löhn Award sculpture which symbolizes the Steinbeis concept of transfer.
The Award Winners 2004 are:
- Carl Zeiss Industrielle Messtechnik GmbH, STC Quality assurance and image processing/Ilmenau:
„ViSCAN“: light-based precision measurement
- Charles River GmbH, STC In-Vitro Pharmacology and Toxicology/Constance:
In-vitro pyrogen tests to replace animal testing
- dm-drogerie markt GmbH & Co. KG, STC Innovation > Development > Application (IDA)/Karlsruhe:
dm drugstore puts POS data online
- Mahle International GmbH, STC Mechatronics/Ilmenau:
Valves improve performance and environmental friendliness
- Voith Turbo GmbH & Co. KG, STC New Technologies in Traffic Engineering/Ulm:
Intelligent simulation of passenger bus transmissions
- Special Award Winner Prof. Dr.-Ing. Walter Kuntz:
Appreciation for pioneer work in technology transfer